We are wholly committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected at all times.
We are Rebecca Marsala of 2 Frances Cottages, Mowbray Drive, Linsdale, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 2PH. We can be contacted by telephone on 01525 384 427 or by emailing us – Rebecca@RebeccaMarsala.com.
How we protect your data
Changes to your data
To ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, we should be obliged if you could notify us of any changes which may occur from time to time. You can do this by emailing us – Rebecca@RebeccaMarsala.com
Should you wish us to refrain from holding any personal data about you then you have a right to request we dispose of such information. In accordance with current legislation we will ensure that this is done within one month of the date upon which we receive such a request from you.
About the data we collect from you
The definition of personal data means any information capable of identifying a specific individual. It does not therefore include anonymised data.
We may process certain information from you – for example:
- Communication data (such as any communication you send to us via email, text, social medial messaging and so on).
Our lawful ground for this type of processing is our legitimate interest which, in this instance, is to reply to any communications you might send to us from time to time, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend any legal claims.
- Customer data (including details such as your name and address, email address, phone number and so on). We only ever process this type of data to supply the goods you have specifically requested from us. We may also use this type of data to send you recommendations from time to time via email or social media messaging.
Our lawful ground for this type of processing is for legitimate interests, i.e. to grow our business and provide you with the best possible customer service.
- User data (including data about how you use or website or any other associated online services). We process this data to operate our website and ensure that only relevant content is ever provided to you.
Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, i.e. to enable us to properly administer our website and our business as a whole.
- Technical data (including data about your use of our website and any other online services). We use this data to analyse your use of our website and any other online services we might provide from time to time (including our online payment system(s) which may change from time to time and without notice).
Our lawful ground for this type of processing is our legitimate interests i.e. to properly administer our business in accordance with our marketing strategies.
- Marketing data (including your personal preferences about our communications with you).
Our lawful ground for this processing is (where you have purchased goods from us), we can study how you use our goods and/or services and help develop our marketing strategy. However, if you have not purchased goods from us then we will always obtain your express consent to contact you directly.
- Sensitive data (including data relating to your face or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political beliefs, trade union memberships and so on). This is not an exhaustive list but merely representative of the fact that we will never use any type of sensitive data to discriminate or to determine our service levels to you. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and/or offences. We require your express consent for processing any sensitive data.
Our trusted partners
We use trusted partners to provide you with the best possible customer service. However, they each operate their own terms and conditions of business and we have no regulation or control over these. It is therefore important that you read the terms and conditions for our partners carefully and should you have any queries then you should contact them directly and refrain from using our services until such time as you are satisfied with their working practices.
Our partners’ contact details are as follows:
[Rebecca please insert the details of your payment provider here – just their name and email address will suffice]
Our legal obligations
Where we are required to collect personal data from you by law, or under the terms of any contract/agreement made between us and you do not provide us with that data upon request, then we may not be able to perform our part of the contract (for example, to provide goods and/or services to you). Should this become necessary then we will notify you of this in writing.
We may also be required to disclose certain personal data by law e.g. by an appropriate law enforcement agency and will not be required to give you notice of this.
How we protect your data
We do everything possible to protect your personal data at all times and we only permit access to it to those employees who have a business need to know such data. Our trusted employees will only ever process your personal data on our express instructions and will keep it confidential at all times. All our personal equipment (such as mobile phones, computer systems and laptops etc.) are password protected at all times and we understand that we have a legal obligation to report any security breaches within 72 hours of being made aware of them.
We will only ever retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose or purposes we collected it for. This includes for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Your legal rights
Under data protection legislation you have rights in relation to your personal data which include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and to withdraw consent. Should you wish to exercise any of these legal rights then please email us – Rebecca@RebeccaMarsala.com
Please note that we reserve the right to change any of our policies at any time and without prior notice. It is therefore advisable that you check our policies periodically.
Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your information to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to our website.
Cookies are small amounts of information regarding your browsing habits which may be stored onto your computer. Cookies make it easier for you to log onto and use our website during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of our website for you; thus providing you with the best customer service possible. You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept them but if you prefer, you may be able to modify your settings to decline all cookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies, however, please be advised that this may hinder the performance of our website.